Be a part of Nelson's heritage with a Boathouse Membership
The Boathouse Society is run as a thriving club with approx 230 shareholding members who enjoy many benefits including use of the building, member events, temporary yacht moorings, use of rowing boats, kayaks & paddleboards, discounts on food, drinks & hires.
The building and its location offers an unrivalled opportunity for families and individuals to take full advantage of the recreational attributes of the Nelson Haven while investing in Nelson's historic waterfront.
The Society was incorporated in May 1987 under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act,1908. This Act provides a legal structure for its members to own The Boathouse.
The Boathouse Society’s Objectives are to:
- provide recreational and social facilities for members
- restore The Boathouse
- involve children in activities
- provide small craft
- provide a centre for theatre, music, dance and arts
- encourage recreational use of Nelson Harbour
- promote the conservation of the harbour
An Invitation: we currently have a few memberships available. For further information on Boathouse Society Membership & its benefits please contact the Manager (03) 548 7646 or info(at)theboathousenelson.co.nz
The swing moorings in front of The Boathouse are for member use on a temporary basis and are labelled.
* No 34 pink buoy - max. 12 metre vessel. MHWS 6.8m, MLWS 3.10m. Block size 2 ton
* No 35 white buoy - max. 18 metre vessel. MHWS 10.6m, MLWS 6.9m. Block size 4 ton
Boathouse Management Committee:
Chair Annie Henry
Treasurer Nick Moore
Secretary Moira Thomson